Albina Hut was a ski lodge built in 1951 by The Ski Tourers Association, (later renamed The Australian Alpine Club). It overlooked Lake Albina, an alpine tarn tucked into a valley between Mt Townsend and Mt Northcote. The NPWS required the club to vacate the lodge in 1969, and it graduallly became a ruin. It was finally demolished in 1983.
It was a very comfortable hut, with bunkrooms, a generator and running water.