- 1 Location
- 2 Pros
- 3 Cons
- 4 Contacts
- 5 Planning
- 6 Accommodation
- 7 Self Contained
- 8 Budget
- 9 Mid-Range
- 10 High End
- 11 Splurge
- 12 Resort Facilities
- 13 Ride Guide
- 14 Other
- 15 Resources
Hakuba, Nagano Ken
Wide open terrain great grooming. When combined with Imorri the mountain offers some nice top to bottom powder. Nice restaurant at the base with kids play area. Many restaurants on the side of the courses. A small park near the bottom of the gondola. Great back-country access from the top lift. Interlinked with Hakuba47 and shares the same lift pass giving a large area to ski or board. Escal Plaza ( base station ) is the most modern facility in Hakuba, with restaurants and ski retail and hire. Quieter village atmosphere than Happo or Echoland, suited to families or those not into night clubs. Connected to the rest of the Hakuba area by ski shuttles during the day, and a gourmet bus service in the evening.
There are a few treed area that are open at the top but for the most part the trees are no go here. The open areas or avalanche faces are really frowned upon.
Fax: PLEASE EDIT
Postal: PLEASE EDIT
Getting to Hakuba is easy but you have so many choices.
If you want to get to Hakuba from Narita Airport fast and painlessly, book a ticket on Hakuba Snowbus. With experienced drivers and buses to meet every inbound flight from Australia, the Hakuba Snowbus is the ultimate in convenient travel. There are also discounts available on lift tickets when you book a return trip.
Please check this link as it explains how to best get to Hakuba Goryu. Hakuba 47 and Goryu are a team so this information explains it officially. 
Another way to get to Hakuba from Narita Airport, Tokyo or Ueno is to catch a train (either the Shinkansen or a conventional one) to Nagano, and then catch a bus from outside Nagano Station to Hakuba. The Hyperdia website http://www.hyperdia.com/en/ can give you every conceivable combination of departure point, travel time and cost for train travel to Nagano. The Alpico timetable is currently down, but buses leave Nagano for Hakuba hourly. Note that it is possible to catch a train all the way to Hakuba Station, but this is a relatively infrequent service, and adds considerably to your travel time.
Throughout the winter season Liquid Snow Tours operate weekly tours from Tokyo to the Hakuba Alps. Tours generally consist of:
Airport meet and greet before transfers to Tokyo for the first nights accommodation, coach transfers straight from Accommodation to Hakuba, 7 nights accommodation in Hakuba, all styles of accommodation catered for, ski passes for the surrounding 7 resorts in the Hakuba Valley, return coach trasnfers back to Tokyo, last nights accommodation in Tokyo, Tokyo city tour, Return transfers to Narita airport.
This tour can be fully customised with a range of accommodation available starting at backpackers style, up to self contained log houses, boutique hotels and 5 star luxury hotels. Prices vary and are available on application through Liquid Snow Tours .
Ninja Ski Packages Japan We have the cheapest tours for Hakuba you will find anywhere and you can get instant quotes and instant bookings on our website Ninja Ski Packages Japan.
JAPANiCAN Major Japanese travel agent with over 25 accommodation options in Hakuba both on and off mountain, starting at ¥5,800 per night. http://www.japanican.com/hotels/List.aspx?anl=hakuba&so=c
SNOWBIRD PENSION Moderate small pension in the Goryu ski village. Operated by a young Australian/Japanese couple, the lodge only has seven guest rooms,all with private ensuite. A Japanese onsen room is also available and can be booked for private time. Five Western rooms and two Traditional Tatami rooms. All rooms are western size with cupboards and en-suite. Bar and lounge area. All accommodation comes with Western cooked breakfast, or Japanese b/fast if prefered.Gourmet dinners can be booked each day. Resident Australian trained Chef. Ski-in position in the village,next to home trail. Village shuttle to Goryu lifts, or lodge transport when time permitting to Goryu lifts or to Happo. Lodge will pick up and drop off from local bus or rail stations. www.snowbirdpension.com
Bears Den Mountain Lodge is 4.5 star star luxury accommodation located just 400m from the Goryu Gondola in Hakuba. Each room has private ensuite and showers, under floor heating, and Imported western beds with Sherridan linen. The Bears bar and Kitchen serves Home cooked Western meals, has local beer on Tap, a great selection of wines and and open fire. The Lodge has an out door hot tub, satellite TV, wireless internet, and there is also a media room with a classic selection of DVD's and books. Phone +81 261754622 or contact firstname.lastname@example.org or skype us on bearsdenmountainlodge .Check out the web for pics of the Lodge and surrounding areas.
- The Lab is a fantastic ski lodge located just 500m from the Happo One lifts. Offering great value and a good time with our in house bar and restaurant and various weekly events, The Lab will make your time spent off piste as good as your time on. Rooms range from twin to 8 share, visit http://www.thelabhakuba.com for more information.
Hakuba Powder Lodge, tel. 090-1147-8741 (English spoken) Hakuba Powder Lodge. Biggest backpacker operation in Hakuba, minutes away from Happo One and Goryu/47. Private double rooms available, great views from the fire place. Facilities include Large kitchen, shower/bath, 2 lounge rooms smoking and non-smoking, cable TV, Large screen TV with a DVD player. ¥3000/night or ¥40000/month.
- Happo Village Cabins www.happocabins.com
- The Closest cabins to the Happo One GONDOLA - Right in Happo Village near bars & restaurants - FREE Welcome Grocery Pack on arrival. - Sleeps 3-5 each.
Happo Village Cabins are 2 self contained loft cabins right in Happo Village, only 140 meters from Happo Ski Resort. Recently refurbished and within a very short stroll of shops, restaurants and bars.
Happo Village Cabins are the only Western Style self-contained cabins in Happo Village. Each cabin has an LCD TV with DVD player & high-speed internet connection (own laptop required).
Basic amenities included: cooking facilities – fridge, toaster, microwave, cook tops, cutlery & crockery. Tea, coffee, toiletries and linen provided. ph.090-9669-1551 email@example.com www.happocabins.com
- Hakuba Apartments This self-contained spacious, modern, ideally located accommodation is the prefect choice for families or groups of friends. Centrally located in Echoland area, you are only a 5-minute shuttle ride away from Happo-one. Echoland is the ideal spot with many bars and restaurants within a short walking distance. If you are looking for a quiet house in close proximity to entertainment, this is the perfect spot. Rates 30000 yen for 6 people or less. ph.090-1147-8741
- HakubaHoliday.com Hakuba Holiday offers one of the best Hakuba ski-holiday rental houses available for full or part self-catering groups. The holiday house is superbly located right in the heart of Hakuba’s most established ski resort, Happo-One. Happo is the gateway to Hakuba's world class ski runs and Hakuba Holiday’s premiere house is only 150 meters to the Nakiyama lifts entrance. You can actually ski into the house from the lifts and the views of Mount Happo from the house are awesome. No need to worry about shuttle buses to get anywhere. The house is a 180 m2 modern four bedroom home with new western kitchen and appliances. Simply one of the best self-contained rental houses in Hakuba.
Please visit www.hakubaholiday.com for more info.
- Alpine Chalets Hakuba 8 self contained chalets. with everything you need to make your stay in Hakuba comfortable. Each unit is well lit, with sky lights in all 2nd floor rooms. All chalets have private bathrooms and toilets, and we have recently added washing machines in all rooms. The chalets also offer ultra fast 100mb/s unmetered internet connections.The Chalets are located in the forest area of Hakuba known as "Misorano", and are less than 2 minutes drive from Hakuba's most well known ski resort, Happo One. Access to all of Hakuba's many ski resorts is simple as all the major ski resorts in Hakuba have free shuttle buses leaving from our car park.We can fully stock your unit with groceries ordered from our online supermarket, or you are more than welcome to take one of our free supermarket shuttles that operate every Monday, Wednesday or Friday. Hakuba's main Wining and Dining area, Echoland, is less than 10 minutes walk, as is a 24/7 convenience store (with ATM).Guests have access to an emergency assistance hotline that is available 24 hours a day to assist guests when required, and a tourist information hotline from 8:00 - 20:00 which in addition to local information can also assist with calling taxis and making appointments for massages, ski lessons, cooking classes etc. Rates from 8,000 yen. ph 81-261-85-4031 fax 81-261-75-5361
Mt Hakuba Backpackers Hostel Mt Hakuba Backpackers Hostelis the newest, cheapest and best located hostel in Hakuba. From the hostel there are free shuttle buses to and from all the 6 major Hakuba ski areas. It is a one minute walk from the closest convenience store, a couple of minutes walk from numerous bars and restaurants, and 5 minutes walk will find you at the closest onsen (hot spring).Mt Hakuba Backpackers is fully equipped with an inhouse bar (separated from the sleeping areas),restaurant,guest laundry,guest kitchen, and an internet cafe (with free wireless). The bar has cozy sofas, a billiard table and a large screen for international sports. You can buy cheap but filling meals at the hostel restaurant.Mt Hakuba Backpackers Hostel has a drying area for gear, and we also rent out ski/boarding equipment at cheap prices. The hostel also sells discounted lift tickets to all of the major ski areas in Hakuba saving you time and money. From 2800 yen per night. Mt Hakuba Backpackers or firstname.lastname@example.org, +81-0261-72-3912.
- Snowlines Lodge www.snowlineslodge.com New for 2011.. We are an affordable, friendly & comfortable lodge. Close to Happo One(800m) and central to all Hakuba has to offer. Our rooms are large & enjoy views of the alps. You will love our breakfasts, big spacious lounge with a great bar to relax in and meet friends. Very close(60m) to the free resort shuttle bus. If you want great value check us out... For more information visit our website or email us: email@example.com
- Morino Lodge, 5 minutes walk from Happo bus terminal and close to Hakuba station with free pick up. Tel. +81 261-85-9098, Morinolodge.com. MorinoLodge has clean, spacious twins, doubles and group rooms in western and Japanese style. The rooms all come with ensuite bathroom, shower and toilet plus televison, DVD player, mini fridge and patio windows with balconies. There is also a huge lounge with big sofas to chill out on. The Lodge is surrounded by great restuarants and bars and is only 4 minutes walk from the Happo gondola. The western owners have been in Hakuba for 7 years and have great knowledge of the surrounding area
- Green Valley Hakuba, 24196-24 Kamishiro, TEL:+81-261-75-4000 (www.gvhakuba.com). Living and Bed rooms (TV, Heater, Fan Vacuum cleaner, Bed). Kitchen (Gas or electric stove, Refrigerator, Rice cooker, Microwave, Toaster, Pot, Kitchen utensils, grill). Bathroom (Washing machine, Drier, Shampoo and Conditioner, Hand soap, Toothbrush, Towel). Outside (Parking, barbeque space).
Blue Dragon Hakuba, is an exciting Australian-owned & operated art~hotel in a fantastic location. Blending contemporary Japanese design with western service and facilities, Blue Dragon Hakuba delivers a fusion east meets west experience. Whether its on the mountain, dining out, or finding that great photo-opportunity, Blue Dragon Hakuba keeps you one step ahead of the usual tourist trail. Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org Skype us: bluedragonhakuba Call us: +81 (0)907 017 5331 or visit .
- Hakuba House, Hakuba House: One of the highest lodges in Hakuba. Hakuba House is a boutique mountain ski lodge set in the forest area of Wadano right on the spectacular Japanese Alps. The lodge is above the chair lifts of Hakuba's Happo One and is virtually ski in ski out. You can ski into the front door and more often than not ski down to the Sakka lifts. Otherwise it's just 180m walk to the entry point of the ski area.
Hakuba House prides itself on delivering quality western style ski lodge accommodation. With underfloor heating, en-suited rooms, new pool table, bar, open fireplace and concierge service for restaurants, ski/snowboard hire, lessons and tours. Hakuba House provides a professional, personalised and friendly service from the owners and staff. All guests receive a delicious full western breakfast everyday.
Tel. +81 090-4464-1991, (www.HakubaHouse.com ). email : email@example.com
- Traumerei Hotel is a five star luxury boutique hotel conveniently located near Hakuba's Echoland district. With personalized service and friendly and accommodating staff, the Traumerei never fails to exceed expectations. The restaurant serves delicious French cuisine and there is an impressive wine list. For more information and pictures visit the Traumerei Site, or call +61 (0)3 9017 1142.
1 day tickets 4,500 yen (child 2,500 yen) [Joint with Hakuba 47] 5 weekday ticket - 15,000 yen
2 day ticket 8,000 yen (child 4,500 yen) [Joint with Hakuba 47]
Night riding 1,800 yen (child 900 yen)
Seasons Pass 58,000 yen (child 28,000 yen)
Check the Hakuba 47 guide
Check the Hakuba 47 guide
Ninja Japan Ski/Board Rental Ninja Japan Hakuba Ski and Snowboard Rental has quality ski and snowboard rentals at the best prices in town.
- OHARUKANOYU, 2942-17 Misorano Hokujou TEL:+81-261-72-5170 (oharuka.com). Lobby, Dining room, Japanese-style and Western-style rooms (35 guest rooms, Satellite television(BS, SKY PerfecTV), Washlet(Toilet with bided function), High speed internet all rooms correspondence), Indoor Onsen (hot spring), Rotenburo (Open-air hot spring), Ski & board drying room / Separate changing room / locker room / wash room.
Child center Retail shop Boot service On mountain guides
Shuttle bus or Taxis for apres ski
Large Free lot
Sleding Bars Smowmobling
Many options at the base area
Bars & Entertainment
Tracks Bar, Sauce Bar and the 2 Most Popular Bars. Tracks Has great live music nights.
Begginer terrain up high or down low there is a good selection
Best run is from the top gondola to the mid mountain double chair.
Very strict off-piste policy.
Out of Bounds
A lot of serious side country terrain easily accessed from a sanctioned exit point at the top of the resort. For guiding MountainLife.jp
Parks & Pipes
Park yes pipe is located at 47. With a goryu ticket you can access all of Hakuba 47
Upper Iimori or lower riders right of Goryu
- Hakuba Alpine Guides