- 1 Location
- 2 Pros
- 3 Cons
- 4 Contacts
- 5 Planning
- 6 Tour Services
- 7 Self Contained
- 8 Budget
- 9 Mid-Range
- 10 High End
- 11 Splurge
- 12 Resort Facilities
- 13 Ride Guide
- 14 Other
- 15 Resources
Hakuba, Nagano Ken
[] Great Powder 400 inches plus a year. Good park including a super pipe. English speaking staff if require them. Good ski school and kids programs. Pod (yurt) bar at the bottom of Goryu for apre drinks. Hikable back country is first rate but it can slide.
Riding in any closed area is strictly enforced. Make sure that you know when the last lifts are as the 2 base areas are 4 kms apart from one another.
Postal: PLEASE EDIT
Getting to Hakuba is easy but you have so many choices.
If you want to get to Hakuba from Narita Airport fast and painlessly, book a ticket on Hakuba Snowbus. With experienced drivers and buses to meet every inbound flight from Australia, the Hakuba Snowbus is the ultimate in convenient travel. There are also discounts available on lift tickets when you book a return trip.
Link to the Hakuba47 access Page: 
Another way to get to Hakuba from Narita Airport, Tokyo or Ueno is to catch a train (either the Shinkansen or a conventional one) to Nagano, and then catch a bus from outside Nagano Station to Hakuba. The Hyperdia website http://www.hyperdia.com/en/ can give you every conceivable combination of departure point, travel time and cost for train travel to Nagano. The Alpico timetable is currently down, but buses leave Nagano for Hakuba hourly. Note that it is possible to catch a train all the way to Hakuba Station, but this is a relatively infrequent service, and adds considerably to your travel time.
Snowbeds Travel offers service second to none in Hakuba. Packages can include accommodation, transfers, multi resort lift passes, rentals, lessons and back country guiding. With an honest approach aiming to make your holiday an unforgettable experience. Listing only the best located and value for money properties in town their experience in Hakuba can't be beaten. See: 
The Hakuba Accommodation Guide offers the widest range of accommodation options available in Hakuba (in English). Instant booking and online confirmation.
JAPANiCAN Major Japanese travel agent with over 25 accommodation options in Hakuba both on and off mountain, starting at ¥5,800 per night. http://www.japanican.com/hotels/List.aspx?anl=hakuba&so=c
Ninja Ski Packages Japan We have the cheapest tours for Hakuba you will find anywhere and you can get instant quotes and instant bookings on our website Ninja Ski Packages Japan.
SNOWBIRD PENSION Moderate small pension in the Goryu ski village. Operated by a young Australian/Japanese couple, the lodge only has seven guest rooms,all with private ensuite. A Japanese onsen room is also available and can be booked for private time. Five Western rooms and two Traditional Tatami rooms. All rooms are western size with cupboards and en-suite. Bar and lounge area. All accommodation comes with Western cooked breakfast, or Japanese b/fast if prefered.Gourmet dinners can be booked each day. Resident Australian trained Chef. Ski-in position in the village,next to home trail. Village shuttle to Goryu lifts, or lodge transport when time permitting to Goryu lifts or to Happo. Lodge will pick up and drop off from local bus or rail stations. www.snowbirdpension.com
Bears Den Mountain Lodge is 4.5 star star luxury accommodation located just 400m from the Goryu Gondola in Hakuba. Each room has private ensuite and showers, under floor heating, and Imported western beds with Sherridan linen. The Bears bar and Kitchen serves Home cooked Western meals, has local beer on Tap, a great selection of wines and and open fire. The Lodge has an out door hot tub, satellite TV, wireless internet, and there is also a media room with a classic selection of DVD's and books. Phone +81 261754622 or contact firstname.lastname@example.org or skype us on bearsdenmountainlodge .Check out the web for pics of the Lodge and surrounding areas.
Hakuba Powder Lodge, tel. 090-1147-8741 (English spoken) Hakuba Powder Lodge. Biggest backpacker operation in Hakuba, minutes away from Happo One and Goryu/47. Private double rooms available, great views from the fire place. Facilities include Large kitchen, shower/bath, 2 lounge rooms smoking and non-smoking, cable TV, Large screen TV with a DVD player. ¥3000/night or ¥40000/month.
The Lab is a fantastic ski lodge located just 500m from the Happo One lifts. Offering great value and a good time with our in house bar and restaurant and various weekly events, The Lab will make your time spent off piste as good as your time on. Rooms range from twin to 8 share, visit http://www.thelabhakuba.com for more information.
Snowbeds Cabin Located 50 metres off the centre of Echoland, which is the heart of Hakuba, where you will find nightlife, restaurants and shops, this newly renovated 3 bedroom cabin offers excellent accommodation for up to 6 guests. 
- Happo Village Cabins www.happocabins.com
- The Closest cabins to the Happo One GONDOLA - Right in Happo Village near bars & restaurants - FREE Welcome Grocery Pack on arrival. - Sleeps 3-5 each.
Happo Village Cabins are 2 self contained loft cabins right in Happo Village, only 140 meters from Happo Ski Resort. Recently refurbished and within a very short stroll of shops, restaurants and bars.
Happo Village Cabins are the only Western Style self-contained cabins in Happo Village. Each cabin has an LCD TV with DVD player & high-speed internet connection (own laptop required).
Basic amenities included: cooking facilities – fridge, toaster, microwave, cook tops, cutlery & crockery. Tea, coffee, toiletries and linen provided. ph.090-9669-1551 email@example.com www.happocabins.com
- Hakuba Apartments This self-contained spacious, modern, ideally located accommodation is the prefect choice for families or groups of friends. Centrally located in Echoland area, you are only a 5-minute shuttle ride away from Happo-one. Echoland is the ideal spot with many bars and restaurants within a short walking distance. If you are looking for a quiet house in close proximity to entertainment, this is the perfect spot. Rates 30000 yen for 6 people or less. ph.090-1147-8741
- Alpine Chalets Hakuba 8 self contained chalets. with everything you need to make your stay in Hakuba comfortable. Each unit is well lit, with sky lights in all 2nd floor rooms. All chalets have private bathrooms and toilets, and we have recently added washing machines in all rooms. The chalets also offer ultra fast 100mb/s unmetered internet connections.The Chalets are located in the forest area of Hakuba known as "Misorano", and are less than 2 minutes drive from Hakuba's most well known ski resort, Happo One. Access to all of Hakuba's many ski resorts is simple as all the major ski resorts in Hakuba have free shuttle buses leaving from our car park.We can fully stock your unit with groceries ordered from our online supermarket, or you are more than welcome to take one of our free supermarket shuttles that operate every Monday, Wednesday or Friday. Hakuba's main Wining and Dining area, Echoland, is less than 10 minutes walk, as is a 24/7 convenience store (with ATM).Guests have access to an emergency assistance hotline that is available 24 hours a day to assist guests when required, and a tourist information hotline from 8:00 - 20:00 which in addition to local information can also assist with calling taxis and making appointments for massages, ski lessons, cooking classes etc. Rates from 8,000 yen. ph 81-261-85-4031 fax 81-261-75-5361
- HAKUBA HOLIDAY Hakuba Holiday offers one of the best Hakuba ski-holiday rental houses available for full or part self-catering groups. The holiday house is superbly located right in the heart of Hakuba’s most established ski resort, Happo-One. Happo is the gateway to Hakuba's world class ski runs and Hakuba Holiday’s premiere house is only 150 meters to the Nakiyama lifts entrance. You can actually ski into the house from the lifts and the views of Mount Happo from the house are awesome. REALLY close to Nakiyama lifts. The house is a 180 m2 modern four bedroom home with new western kitchen and appliances. Simply one of the best self-contained rental houses in Hakuba. For more info please google: hakubaholiday.
Please visit www.hakubaholiday.com for more info.
- Snowbeds Backpackers,  2937-304 Hakujo, Kita-Azumi Gun, Hakuba, Nagano 399-9301. Tel 81 90 7310 4032 email Mitch@snowbedsjapan.com Hakuba's first and most famous backpackers, and still the best in town. With a great atmosphere and cheap long term rates, minutes walk to restaurants and bars. Snowbeds was opened in 1998 and was one of the first foreign owned business's in Hakuba. Still the most popular backpackers accommodation in Hakuba due to location and word of mouth, if the Snowbeds staff don’t know something about Hakuba then it’s not worth knowing. Free shuttle bus stop for 5 resorts right out front. Closest ski resorts being Happo One and 47/Goryu. Features western style private and shared rooms, communial kitchen, satelite TV, ski/drying room, workshop and tuning room. Y3900 per night. English spoken.
Mt Hakuba Backpackers Hostel is the newest, cheapest and best located hostel in Hakuba. From the hostel there are free shuttle buses to and from all the 6 major Hakuba ski areas. It is a one minute walk from the closest convenience store, a couple of minutes walk from numerous bars and restaurants, and 5 minutes walk will find you at the closest onsen (hot spring).Mt Hakuba Backpackers is fully equipped with an inhouse bar (separated from the sleeping areas),restaurant,guest laundry,guest kitchen, and an internet cafe (with free wireless). The bar has cozy sofas, a billiard table and a large screen for international sports. You can buy cheap but filling meals at the hostel restaurant.Mt Hakuba Backpackers Hostel has a drying area for gear, and we also rent out ski/boarding equipment at cheap prices. The hostel also sells discounted lift tickets to all of the major ski areas in Hakuba saving you time and money. From 2800 yen per night. Mt Hakuba Backpackers Hostel or firstname.lastname@example.org, +81-0261-72-3912.
- Snowlines Lodge www.snowlineslodge.com New for 2011.. We are an affordable, friendly & comfortable lodge. Close to Happo One(800m) and central to all Hakuba has to offer. Our rooms are large & enjoy views of the alps. You will love our breakfasts, big spacious lounge with a great bar to relax in and meet friends. Very close(60m) to the free resort shuttle bus. If you want great value check us out...For more information visit our website or email us: email@example.com
- Hakuba House, www.hakubahouse.com, Hakuba House: The highest lodge in Hakuba. Unclip your bindings at the front door, come in and relax by the open fire...
Hakuba House is a comfortable and friendly ski lodge in a unique location. Sitting at 890m, this mountain ski lodge is set high in the forest area of Wadano, right on the spectacular Japanese Alps. The lodge is above the chair lifts of Hakuba’s Happo One and is virtually ski in ski out. Most of the time you can ski right to the front door and more often than not ski down to the Sakka lifts. Otherwise it’s just 180m walk to the entry point of the Happo One ski area.
Hakuba House prides itself on delivering comfortable accommodation in a friendly and laid-back atmosphere. With underfloor heating, en-suited rooms, pool table, bar, open fireplace and local booking service for restaurants, ski/snowboard hire, lessons, sightseeing and back country tours[hyperlink to www.hakuba-alpine-guide.com] . This mountain ski lodge in a unique location will provide for a warm and memorable experience. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Blue Dragon Hakuba, is an exciting western operated art~hotel in a fantastic location. Blending contemporary Japanese design with western service and facilities, Blue Dragon Hakuba delivers a fusion east meets west experience. Whether its on the mountain, dining out, or finding that great photo-opportunity, Blue Dragon Hakuba keeps you one step ahead of the usual tourist trail.Email us: email@example.com Skype us: bluedragonhakuba Call us: +81 (0)907 017 5331 or visit .
- Shakespeare Hotel Located at the bottom of the main street in Echoland with a resort shuttle bus stop out front the Shakespeare Hotel is right in the heart of the best nightlife in Hakuba yet only minutes to resorts. Featuring a large courtyard surrounded by shops and restaurants the hotel boasts an Olde English style atmosphere. 
- Echo Hotel Renovated and reopened in October 2006, this family run hotel is excellent value for money. Echoland, the area it sits in the heart of, is surrounded by bars and restaurants. With its excellent location, great service, spotless new rooms that are both traditional/western mix and competitive rates the Echo hotel is one of Hakuba's best value for money establishments. The traditional style cuisine at the Echo Hotel is a must do memorable experience. Only a five minutes free shuttle bus to Happo One or 47/Goryu. 
- Morino Lodge, 5 minutes walk from Happo bus terminal and close to Hakuba station with free pick up. Tel. +81 261-85-9098, Morinolodge.com. MorinoLodge has clean, spacious twins, doubles and group rooms in western and Japanese style. The rooms all come with ensuite bathroom, shower and toilet plus televison, DVD player, mini fridge and patio windows with balconies. There is also a huge lounge with big sofas to chill out on. The Lodge is surrounded by great restuarants and bars and is only 4 minutes walk from the Happo gondola. The western owners have been in Hakuba for 7 years and have great knowledge of the surrounding area
- Green Valley Hakuba, 24196-24 Kamishiro, TEL:+81-261-75-4000 (www.gvhakuba.com). Living and Bed rooms (TV, Heater, Fan Vacuum cleaner, Bed). Kitchen (Gas or electric stove, Refrigerator, Rice cooker, Microwave, Toaster, Pot, Kitchen utensils, grill). Bathroom (Washing machine, Drier, Shampoo and Conditioner, Hand soap, Toothbrush, Towel). Outside (Parking, barbeque space).
- Traumerei Hotel is a five star luxury boutique hotel conveniently located near Hakuba's Echoland district. With personalized service and friendly and accommodating staff, the Traumerei never fails to exceed expectations. The restaurant serves delicious French cuisine and there is an impressive wine list. For more information and pictures visit the Traumerei Site, or call +61 (0)3 9017 1142.
White Horse Arctic Hotel, . The White Horse Arctic Hotel is a boutique style hotel situated in Echoland. English speaking staff. Japanese rooms with western comforts and situated in the main restaurant/bar area of the valley. Free shuttles to any of the ten resorts in the valley. http//www.whitehorse-hakuba.com
Taken from the website for 2006/2007
WINTER 2006-07 RATES Season Opens mid Dec, 2006 and closes May 6, 2007 RATES
12-17 yrs JUNIOR 6-11 yrs SENIORS 50-69 yrs SENIORS 70+ yrs Single Day 4,500 yen 3,500 yen 2,500 yen 3,500 yen 2,500 yen Single Day (Spring Offer) From April 3rd, 2006
3,500 yen 3,500 yen 2,000 yen 3,500 yen 3,500 yen
Half Day (AM or PM)
3,500 yen 3,500 yen 2,000 yen 3,500 yen 3,500 yen
Family Ticket (an adult + a junior) 5,000 yen for a parant + a child under 11 yrs a book of 11 lift rides (Kaisuken) Gondola ride will chage 2 lift rides. 3,500 yen 3,500 yen 2,000 yen 3,500 yen N/A 2-Day Tickets (Consecutive Days)
8,000 yen N/A 4,500 yen N/A N/A
2-Day Hakuba Mountain Tickets 8,500 yen 8,500 yen 4,500 yen 8,500 yen 8,500 yen 5 Weekday Pass (any 5 weekdays during the season) 15,000 yen N/A N/A N/A N/A 3-Day Tickets (Consecutive Days) 11,000 yen N/A 6,500 yen N/A N/A a ticket for the gondola 750 yen 750 yen 380 yen 750 yen 750 yen a ticket for a lift 350 yen 350 yen 350 yen 350 yen 350 yen
- Half Day for the morning is vaild between 8:00 and 13:00, for the afternoon, between 12:00 and 16:00.
- A 2-Day Hakuba Mountain Ticket is valid for two consecutive days at any of the 7 resorts in Hakuba with the limitaion of one resort per day.
KIDS SKI FREE All kids 5 and under ski free any time. All elementary school kids ski free on the third Sunday of each month.
SEASON PASSES AREA Season Pass is able you to access Hakuba 47, Iimori & Hakuba Goryu SUPER Season Pass is able you to access 7 other mountains; in Japan including Hakuba 47, Iimori & Hakuba Goryu
Purchased Prior to
Oct. 31 Purchased Prior to Nov. 30 Purchased after Dec. 1
AREA AREA AREA SUPER
ADULT 48,000 yen 55,000 yen 58,000 yen 63,000 yen YOUTH 48,000 yen 55,000 yen 58,000 yen 63,000 yen JUNIOR (Elementary School Kids) 28,000 yen 28,000 yen 28,000 yen N/A KID (preschoolers under 5) 0 yen 0 yen 0 yen N/A SENIOR (50+) 48,000 yen 48,000 yen 48,000 yen 63,000 yen Spring Season Pass N/A N/A 32,000 yen N/A Above passes can be used any day of the season (no blackout dates).
Private Lesson if you required an English Speaking Instructor.
Day (4hrs) 20,000 yen includes ski insurance Half Day （2hrs）15,000 yen includes ski insurance
Different prices if you can Speak Japanese and enter a group lesson. ski school
Hakuba 47 rental link 47-rentals from the website 2006/2007 price list.
Also check Spicy rentals for a door to door rental service. spicy rentals
Ninja Japan Ski/Board Rental Ninja Japan Hakuba Ski and Snowboard Rental has quality ski and snowboard rentals at the best prices in town.
- OHARUKANOYU, 2942-17 Misorano Hokujou TEL:+81-261-72-5170 (oharuka.com). Lobby, Dining room, Japanese-style and Western-style rooms (35 guest rooms, Satellite television(BS, SKY PerfecTV), Washlet(Toilet with bided function), High speed internet all rooms correspondence), Indoor Onsen (hot spring), Rotenburo (Open-air hot spring), Ski & board drying room / Separate changing room / locker room / wash room.
Free shuttle buses that run during the daytime to Hakuba Goryu and 47. For Apres ski Taxis or car are required.
Parking is free and its a large lot
- EDIT ACTIVITY
EDIT ACTIVITY DESCRIPTION
Bars & Entertainment
Echoland is the main area for Apres ski in Hakuba. With 9 bars and growing its got some life. Map of the area 
Not if you value your day pass. Ski Patrol are strict here. Go to Happo One if you want to ride in the trees.
Out of Bounds
A lot of serious side country terrain easily accessed from a sanctioned exit point at the top of the resort. For guiding Hakuba Alpine Guides
Parks & Pipes
Click here for live resort webcams.
- The Hakuba Accommodation Guide
- Snowbeds Travel
- Hakuba Alpine Guides
- Hakuba Hotels
- Hakuba info