All content relating to snow sports is welcome on wikiski.
- Register first then you can edit almost any page on the site.
Edit an Existing Page
- Select the edit tag at the top of the page and make your changes.
- Remove 'PLEASE EDIT' instructions in the areas you are adding new information.
Note: Please do not delete any information on the page unless it is frickin wrong.
- Basic text formatting can be controlled with the formatting buttons above the text input area.
- Further text formatting options can be found on the editing overview page.
- Creating links is easy when you know how.
How to Add a New Page
1. Create a link on an existing content page using a relevant keyword (ie. [[West Mountain]] will create a link to a new page called 'West Mountain'), then save the existing page.
2. Click on the newly created link 'West Mountain' (will be in red) and this will create a new page ready to add content (see image right).
3. Select a Content Template using the link underneath the text input area (see image right). Choose a relevant template and copy its pre-structured text.
4. Paste the template into your text input area (use your back arrow to get there).
5. Save to view your new page. Then edit away from there!
Note: In order to keep this wiki well structured and information easy to find, we ask you to only create new pages related to the Main Categories.
Add a Category
- Link to an existing category: Add [[Category:CATEGORY NAME]] to the bottom of the page and replace CATEGORY NAME with one of the categories.
- If you use a category that doesn't exist then it will appear as red so you know you have done something wrong or just created a new category!
Image & File Uploading
1.From the Left Column click the 'Upload file' link in the 'toolbox' section.
2.Browse your local hard-drive and select file (just like any other other web upload).
3.Ensure you enter a Unique File Name in the Destination Filename field (also best to have NO spaces or special characters in the destination file name)
To include the uploaded image in a page, use a link in the form [[Image:FileName.jpg]], [[Image:FileName.png|alt text]] or for Video in the ogg format - [[Media:FileName.ogg]]