Mt Hutt is a large treeless bowl facing southeast with views across the Canterbury plains.
- 1 Location
- 2 Pros
- 3 Cons
- 4 Contacts
- 5 Planning
- 6 Resort Facilities
- 7 Ride Guide
- 8 Other
- 9 Resources
Near Methven, Caturbury NZ
- Reliable snow cover
- excellent, modern lifts and snowmaking
- It has the nickname "Mt Shut" for obvious reasons, whenever it blows it shuts.
- No on snow accommodation.
- Very daunting access road: an uncleared, narrow road along a ridge line, with sheer drops either side, and no protection (except a short section near the top).
- Access road can close after a big fall, and no one can get up.
Phone: +64 3 302 8811
Fax:+ 64 3 302 8697
Postal: 94 Main St Methven
Fly or drive to Christchurch in the South Island and from there you can take a bus or drive to Methven which is the service town for the resort.
Nothing at all
Nearest town is Mevthen and most people stay here.
Lift passes can be purchased from:on the mountain at the Guest Services ticket office, the Methven Snow Centre or the secure online Bookit system.
- EDIT ACTIVITY
EDIT ACTIVITY DESCRIPTION
Has two food outlets which are the fast food Sky High Cafe and the Huber's Hut restaurant.
Bars & Entertainment
Dedicated Beginners Quad and carpets, full groomed and with somemaking.
There is side saddle area with shuttle bus.
Out of Bounds
Has a double black run called south face.
Parks & Pipes
Features a mini park which offers a skill progression path into the 10,000m2 UP&GO Terrain Park, featuring a variety of kickers, rails and tabletops. A FIS specification halfpipe is also offered.
Often windy and cloud shrouded, when its not it is pretty good.