Canberra is the Capital of Australia.
Canberra ranges from 550 to 700 m above sea level. The central area of Canberra is nestled on the banks of Lake Burley Griffin which was formed by building Scrivener Dam across the Molonglo River.
There are several large hills within the city including:
- Mount Ainslie
- Black Mountain
- Mount Majura
- Mount Mugga Mugga
- Mount Taylor
- BOM ACT and Canberra forecast
- BOM ACT and NSW current observations
- BOM Snowy Mountains Region forecast
- BOM ACT Weather radar at Captains Flat - This radar covers the ACT and the eastern side of the Snowy Mountains region.
- ScanACT Live Weather feed
Things to Do
- Corin Forest
- National Museum of Australia
- National Zoo and Aquarium
- New Parliament House
- Old Parliament House
- War Memorial
The main bus station for interstate travel is the Jolimont Centre in Civic which is located at:
- 65-67 Northbourne Ave
- Canberra City.
This building also houses Novotel Canberra.
It's longitude and Latitude are 35°16'40.20"S, 149° 7'44.38"E. WikiMapia link for the Jolimont Centre
Bus companies servicing Canberra
- Lever Coachlines Snow Express - Day trips to the snowfields
- Murrays Travel - Interstate travel and day trips to the snow
The Canberra Railway Station is located at
- Wentworth Ave
- Kingston ACT 2604
Trains are operated by Countrylink.
You can contact the Countrylink Travel Centre on Phone: (02) 6208 9700; +612 6208 9707 (international)